Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muralireddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
My first mac , cute air , 1.8 i7 256 4 gb
connected digistor external drive with a data dvd to move my files from windows 7 computer , keeps on ejecting the disc
earlier i tried with the same drive and a blu ray movie , it even read the title but could not play ( need to down load another soft ware
Do i need to get Toast 11 pro for read and write dvd discs
how do i move files from a dvd data disc (dl dvd )
thanks , love this forum
m reddy

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2009
I expect you'd need a properly licensed app that can play blu ray stuff. All that encryption needs licenses not just any software can play it. Apple certainly doesn't provide for such. Why should it?
I read VLC 2.0 will bring a bluray lib. No Idea how they do it because I doubt they can afford the real deal. You probably just need to install some app that can play blu rays and brings all the required licenses/cetificates and what not to decrypt those disc.
It is not done with a codec in blu ray the decryption is the biggest problem.

muralireddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
I expect you'd need a properly licensed app that can play blu ray stuff. All that encryption needs licenses not just any software can play it. Apple certainly doesn't provide for such. Why should it?
I read VLC 2.0 will bring a bluray lib. No Idea how they do it because I doubt they can afford the real deal. You probably just need to install some app that can play blu rays and brings all the required licenses/cetificates and what not to decrypt those disc.
It is not done with a codec in blu ray the decryption is the biggest problem.
Sorry the mistake was in the dl maxell disc , but i could transfer files from 4.7gb disc
bluray , the soft ware mac go blu ray player , awesome quality and audio !!
loving it playing the BD movies in India and the web access with air tell is good enough

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.