Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wineandcarbs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2008
Those who had bluetooth issues with 5.0.1, did you manage to resolve them? I rely heavily on BT in the car so I'm hesitant to upgrade to 5.0.1 right now.

derekivey

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2009
I'm still not getting song information in my 2012 Mazda3. Not sure if this issue was introduced in 5.0.1 or not. I got the car after I upgraded to 5.0.1. Only certain cars seem to have this issue... someone with a Prius said it works for them. I was able to get song information when I used my HP Touchpad running Android, so I'm leaning towards this being a bug in IOS5.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Still not getting anything in my car. Apple Genius' that I spoke to are seeing this problem daily. Apple is on a role, with every major iOS update, it kills Bluetooth.

wineandcarbs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2008
Mlrollin91, are you using a 4S?

I just upgraded to iOS 5 on my 4 this afternoon. Went outside right after and tested my Bluetooth and it connected fine. Made a test phone call too and all seemed well... fingers crossed it stays this way.

(I should add that I'm not using BT to play music, just for phone calls.)

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
Those who had bluetooth issues with 5.0.1, did you manage to resolve them? I rely heavily on BT in the car so I'm hesitant to upgrade to 5.0.1 right now.

What problems are you having? There are lots of different profiles for Bluetooth ie. music, ability to control your music, phone calls, file transfer, phone book transfer, etc. The 4S implemented Bluetooth 4.0, which is supposed to be backwards compatible with all previous versions.

----------

I'm still not getting song information in my 2012 Mazda3. Not sure if this issue was introduced in 5.0.1 or not. I got the car after I upgraded to 5.0.1. Only certain cars seem to have this issue... someone with a Prius said it works for them. I was able to get song information when I used my HP Touchpad running Android, so I'm leaning towards this being a bug in IOS5.

Your issue could be the cars fault. It may not have the ability to read the song information over Bluetooth.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
iPhone 4, iOS 4 worked fine.
iPhone 4, iOS 5.0 didn't work.
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0-5.0.1, will not sync contacts and half the time doesn't connect without having to manually reconnect.

Hyundai has no updates, and Apple told me to just wait it out until a software update comes out, and there's no promise that will even fix it. It makes it really difficult to make a phone call "handsfree" when it won't sync contacts.

Paronella

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2011
No country for governments
No... iPhone 4 & '11 Renault Mégane with Carminat Tom Tom

Bluetooth handsfree works great, no contacts sync issues.

Bluetooth audio:
- I have to wait 5 seconds in a song to switch to another
- Looses connectivity from time to time
- satnav voice must be off when playing music

Speaking with Renault (Carminat Tom Tom) within a few weeks but I doubt it will help because they rely on Tom Tom

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I gave up & went back to iOS 4, it works fine.

Hopefully Apple will have it fixed in the upcoming new iPhone. I really need a bigger screen anyway.

derekivey

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2009
What problems are you having? There are lots of different profiles for Bluetooth ie. music, ability to control your music, phone calls, file transfer, phone book transfer, etc. The 4S implemented Bluetooth 4.0, which is supposed to be backwards compatible with all previous versions.

----------

Your issue could be the cars fault. It may not have the ability to read the song information over Bluetooth.
The car is able to show the song info when I use my HP Touchpad so I don't see how it is the car's fault. Maybe it is... I wonder if either Apple or Mazda implemented the standard in a weird way. I wish I knew of a way to debug this and figure out who's at fault.

On another note... I did submit a bug report to Apple and they finally responded to it after like 2 weeks requesting information. I sent them the console log that they requested... hopefully it helps track down the issue.

Derek

wineandcarbs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2008
GraphicsGeek, thanks, but no BT problems, actually - I did the upgrade and was pleased to find that my BT works fine for hands-free calls. I was worried I might have trouble connecting via BT after reading some of the issues people were having but took the leap anyway. I'm glad I did - I really like iOS 5!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.