Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dacoolest

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
I recently got to know that its possible to see saved passwords from firefox. But I do not use FF in mac.

Is it possible to see passwords saved in safari? Is the mac storing my personal information and credit card information that I enter to certain websites? And how safe is OS X Lion when it comes to online hacking? Should I get a firewall software?

WSR

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
MacOS already has firewall built into it. To make sure yours is on goto :apple:-System Preferences-Security-Firewall.

Also your router should also have a firewall.

Sarfari can store info on your computer. To see what has been stored in Safari goto Safari-Preferences-autofill. Then click on Edit for what you want to check like User Names and Passwords and see what sites it's saving data or never saving data. I'm not sure how to get to the actual data saved which I think is part of the security.

There's also information about cookies under Safari-Preferences-Privacy.

dacoolest

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
MacOS already has firewall built into it. To make sure yours is on goto :apple:-System Preferences-Security-Firewall.

Also your router should also have a firewall.

Sarfari can store info on your computer. To see what has been stored in Safari goto Safari-Preferences-autofill. Then click on Edit for what you want to check like User Names and Passwords and see what sites it's saving data or never saving data. I'm not sure how to get to the actual data saved which I think is part of the security.

There's also information about cookies under Safari-Preferences-Privacy.

Thank you for the reply. Yes it is enabled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.