PDA

View Full Version : IMAC 20inch screenproblem

matthews1492
Jun 8, 2005, 08:05 PM
Hey I've had my new Imac for about two weeks now and its awesome but something is strange about it. I had popped in a dvd to watch and i noticed there was a white blurry spot in the upper right hand corner of the screen. I hadn't noticed it during normal use. I felt it and it actually felt warmers then the rest of the screen. I took the backoff and it seemed to line up with where the dvd player was , and on the metal case backing, it looked like it had been scuffed, or blemished, could that be from heat from the dvd player?

I went back through the forums and saw that people have a similar issue, would it be worth hawling the imac into the nearest apple store and see what they think? Could this issue get worse? Anyone have similar stories?

ps if you take it into an apple store , is it custom to hawl it in the box or Freehand it under the arm.

Thanks!

ljeffs
Jun 9, 2005, 10:30 AM
I have a new 20" and I also noticed this on the first day when playing a DVD. I think you are right in that it is caused by the DVD drive. I am not concerned about it though, as I have considered it a "design feature". It is only noticeable when this part of the screen is black (such as a letterboxed DVD) and I'm not in the habit of watching DVD's on the iMac anyway.