Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rennir

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Is anyone else annoyed at the fact that Apple refuses to include text reflow for safari despite the fact that android phones have had it for years? For anyone that doesn't know, text reflow is basically word wrapping text when you zoom in while surfing the net. The text "flows" downwards so that one doesn't need to scroll side to side as well as vertically when reading lots of text online. As someone who frequents a lot of forums and reads fanfiction, text reflow would be such a good function to have. Granted, retina display does help, as well as safari reader. However, no matter how HQ the text is, I'd rather be able to read text with big font to lessen strain on the eyes. Also safari reader only works on certain websites. Considering the fact that it's been out for years, I can't imagine it's particularly difficult to include in iOS.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
The absence of it on iOS ever bothered me. I don't particularly like it on my Android phones.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I have yet to run into a moment when I want safari reader, and it's not there.

That said, in event of worst case, I am prepared with a backup, and that is a Readability Bookmarklet.

----------

Get tapatalk for forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.