Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
This picture below shows the 12 inch iBook in operation with the lid closed!
...Shouldn't an external monitor be hooked up to "prove" its running wit the lid closed....PRICELESS :rolleyes:

Astral Cars

macrumors regular
May 11, 2005
St. Paul
"Would you believe it if I told you the more you use your iBook, the faster it gets?"

No.

And hopefully you won't tell me that.

That would be a lie.

Very funny though.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
One sec, lemme wipe the tears rolling from my eyes.

That is so funny, I knew I could get a good laugh off of the Forums one day. OMG LMAO!!! Gets faster as you use it, lmao!

Lol, thanks for the post, its the best one yet. I give it 5 stars!

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Other than the fact that I really don't think slot loading DVD DL's exist, and the fact that 7200 RPM laptop drives are noisy and fast, there's nothing technically impossible. He doesn't actually say "it gets faster as you use it". He says "what would you say if I told you..."; he doesn't actually tell us. Athough it's possible it's configured so that Mail and LaunchBar or QuickSilver are heavily emphasized, and indeed, those do learn as you use them. This guy could give Steve Jobs a run for his money when it comes to marketing spin.

cooknwitha

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
London
umm.... someone just bought it.

Interesting that it's a private auction so you can't email the purchaser. I'd love to know how it turns out for the buyer.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
GeeYouEye said:
Other than the fact that I really don't think slot loading DVD DL's exist

They do exist, the NZ-model Mac minis have them (interestingly, the Australian models don't, dunno about the US).

Edit: The US models are only single layer, and are also 4x instead of 8x :confused:

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
zyuzin4 said:
how long until his "sleepless" drive melts his super fast computer while it runs with the lid closed :doh:

i hope it does real quick for the idiot that bought it and the chotch that was selling it. i guess he has never read a users manual in his life :p

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
hey you don't want to mess with that seller... check out his recent purchases!! :eek:

cooknwitha

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
London
dietcokevanilla said:
hey you don't want to mess with that seller... check out his recent purchases!! :eek:

"POLICE COMBAT HANDCUFFING TECHNIQUES TRAINING VIDEO DVD"

Hmmm, obviously preparing himself for the "my super iBook became a candle" customers.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
cooknwitha said:
"POLICE COMBAT HANDCUFFING TECHNIQUES TRAINING VIDEO DVD"

Hmmm, obviously preparing himself for the "my super iBook became a candle" customers.

hahahaha, candle, that's great.

Man I wonder who was duped into buying this anyway.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Sharewaredemon said:
hahahaha, candle, that's great.

Man I wonder who was duped into buying this anyway.

Well, I'll be taking delivery sometime in the next week. I'll let you all know how great this new iBook turns out to be.
;)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
The schmuck that bought it deserves that!
BTW: His title is just as misleading as the title to this thread!

devastator777

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2005
New York City
LMAO....

Man I've seen this guy on EBAY for the longest time, like 4 months selling an overpriced machine, poor guy, he must be foreign.

Dual 867 PM//22 inch Cinema Display//17 inch Cinema Display//1 airport//17 1.5 gig PM//30 gb 3 gen ipod//20 gb oldd school ipod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.