Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tag86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I have decided to buy my first decent pair of in-ear headphones and am unsure of what to buy. I bought a cheap pair to check whether I find them comfortable and now want to buy myself a decent pair. I will be using them with an iphone and would like a pair with an inline remote/mic.

I have some friends that have in-ears and they are all happy with them although I haven't tried any of them out.

The pairs that they have are
a-Jays 4
Ultimate Ears 400vi
Ultimate Ears 600vi

Would any of these be a good buy? Cost differences aside how do they compare interms of sound and build quality

The UEs both come with foam inserts which I understand provide better sound quality while with the ajays I would have to buy them separate.
The ajays and the 400vi's have a flat 'tangle free' cable. How do these cables hold up? How flexible are they across the flat direction (side to side)?

Also although the 600vi can apparently be worn either with the cable up or down from the design it looks like they are designed to be used with the cable up. Are they comfortable to use with the cable down?

Also what about the Klipsch S4i?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.