Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flipjango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Hi, I'm trying to work out what is going on with my ipod shuffle (4th Gen) and was hoping someone could shed some light on it for me - I've searched and searched forums and can't find anyone else reporting a similar fault, but really don't want to have to go to the macstore if possible as its a long way away!

So, if I plug the ipod into the laptop, it charges fine. All the lights are doing what they should be, and if I then play it immediately after being charged, it plays for hours, no problem. The problem is, if I then fully charge it, take it out of the computer and leave it (switched off), the next time I use it, it runs for about 10 minutes and then goes flat. I've tried resetting it twice now and its making no difference. Is there something else I can do, or is this just broken?

Flipjango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Might just be in warranty. Right on the borderline. Can't quite remember when I bought it and don't still have receipt. i'm also very pregnant and can't get to the apple store, so was hoping it might be something we could fix with a reset?

saraviamd

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Nope, sounds like you'd better hurry to claim warranty before expires.

saraviamd

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Also, you might check on apple's web, maybe they could send it right to your home. Have serial number on hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.