Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicolasdec

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
São Paulo
Weekly Photo Contest January 24-31 2012 // Architecture

Topic: Architecture

Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest.
(Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
How timely can you get. I just was at a photo group meetup on Sunday at the Georgian Terrace Hotel in Atlanta (right across the street from the Fox theater). So I have some very fresh photos to pick from for this contest.

IMG6530-XL.jpg

Nicolasdec

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
São Paulo
Some great images this week, really hard picking a top 3. But here it goes...

VI™: Really love this B&W. Some incredible shades, I saw on your flickr the colour version and the B&W is much better. Much more dramatic. I like how sharp the image is. Well done good job!

Keleko: The first time I saw this pic I thought it was something from Inception. It looks other worldly. I really like how it looks like your looking down into something. My only suggestion would be to make it a bit more B&W and a bit less grey.

AlexH: Great crisp image full of detail, Looks like a HDR. The fencing makes it look like a place you wouldn't want to be at... Like the images above, it might look interesting in B&W. Might give it a even more surreal feel.

jodelli: Incredible building. I like how the other buildings (and people) and underexposed but the white structure is perfectly exposed. Makes it look like the most important part of the building. Would have maybe cropped it and just kept the roof and the stone building.

Sideonecincy: very sad to see a church like this :( Great crisp and sharp image.

martynjd: Love this image. It looks like a instagram image. The wood and glass give it a nice contrast. My only complaint is that the shadow didnt come out too good, I would have cropped that out.

cambookpro: That tiny thumbnail does not give this photo justice. Stunning, sure sharp, incredible contrast. The only thing I dont like the is cloudy background, had it been clear it would have been a even better image.

VirtualRain: Great colours, Stunning, Not a lot more to be said than that.

Third: cambookpro
Second: VI™
First: Keleko

Keleko, its over to you. Thanks again for everybody submissions, was a hard to pick a winner.

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
Nice job, everyone, and much thanks to Nicolasdec for judging. Congrats to all the winners! I look forward to the next contest... oh... uh... ;)

New contest up soon, then.

----------

Oh, and you're actually looking up at the ceiling in my image (if that wasn't obvious). The hotel has a neat look to it that throws the perspective off when you look straight up inside it.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Hehe my first 'polling' in one of these contests!
I thought the shots were great this week, especially Keleko's. Congrats!

(PS My thumbnail is clickable, so you can see a slightly larger version. It isn't huge though, as it was taken on a Fujifilm point and shoot.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.