Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I am running the latest version of all software on my Windows 7 machine iPhone 4S and iPad 2. I leave iTunes running all the time for wifi sync.

I am finding that the wifi sync is very hit or miss (mostly miss)

It seems like nearly every time I try to wifi sync it fails. I will move over to my Windows 7 machine there will be an error in iTunes saying either

"iPhone could not be synced because the required disk could not be found" or

"iPhone could not be synced because of an unknown error"

at this point I will usually have to force quit iTunes though the task manager. Once iTunes comes back up wifi sync will work fine for a short period of time.

TheOriginalKi

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2011
Belfast
I gave up on wifi sync as it worked about every 1 time in 50 and just caused my iTunes to freeze up. Back to trusty old USB. Running Windows 7 64bit.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I've had many problems with iTunes and Win7-64 bit, even with the USB connection. iTunes will freeze up and I have to restart the computer (Royal PITA) over and over.

I've discovered I have to let iTunes totally load, sit there on the screen for a while as it does it's background stuff (checking your device registration, looking for purchased apps to download). After a while, I'll plug in the USB with my iPhone or iPad and ... sometimes ... iTunes will operate flawlessly. Other times, it can take multiple computer restarts to do a simple sync. I won't even TRY a wifi sync at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.