PDA

View Full Version : sftp from ipad

morrito3
Jan 26, 2012, 09:31 AM
hi guys,
i want to transfer files with sftp or scp from a pc to my ipad, how can i do this?
thanks!

ericrwalker
Jan 26, 2012, 09:59 AM
I use FTP on the Go app for my iphone. Seems to work well.

It can use FTP, FTPS, and SFTP.

morrito3
Jan 26, 2012, 10:38 PM
and with this ftp on the go can i save the files on the iphone/ipad?
the thing is that i have mobile devices (that run linux) and i require to download some logs from them to later analyze them, previously i used a computer in order to retrieve those logs, now i'd like to use the ipad to do so...

qtx43
Jan 28, 2012, 09:18 PM
I'm sure that there are lots of apps that do this. Lots of people like goodreader, and it previews lots of file types. I use textastic for this sometimes, since I look at code a lot, which of course is text. It supports sftp and webDav and dropbox, but the file can be any type, not just text. You can then "open in" whatever other app will take the file type. Which, of course, leaves an extra copy to delete. File management on the iPad is kind of a pain, but it works. Probably you already knew about the pain in the butt part.

morrito3
Feb 5, 2012, 10:17 AM
that's exactly what i want to do, file management...
go to the place where the device is located, connect to it with my ipad and get the files from that pc into my ipad. i use a terminal program in order to view those files locally, so i guess with a sftp or scp GUI program i might be able to get the files into my ipad.
after that, i would like to download the files on the ipad to my pc in order to analyze the data.

morrito3
Feb 6, 2012, 09:20 AM
thanks qtx43, goodreader was exactly what i needed!!

Macman45
Feb 6, 2012, 09:30 AM
^^

Goodreader can also see network drives too....IMO it ranks amongst one of the best iPad Apps to date. It's updated regularly and is a powerful file manager.

I use irt all the time....(nope, I'm not the Dev!)

Readdlemate
Feb 7, 2012, 10:42 AM
ReaddleDocs support SFTP and loads of other features. It is powerful and good-looking file manager and PDF annotator.

Have a look and feel free to ask questions:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afP71xwLI8Y