PDA

View Full Version : Best methods to achieve this result?

b.evans
Jan 26, 2012, 01:38 PM
Hi,

Was looking to practice on some type styles and my own personal skills. Practice practice practice! Right? :-) Anyways, came across this poster and really liked the simplicity and style in it, so I thought I would give it a shot. Any advice or tips on best methods used to create something similar? Maybe even an online tutorial to follow?? I didn't find one myself that I thought was similar but there were some using the blend method which I thought may be appropriate. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Apple Key
Jan 26, 2012, 02:07 PM
There are various ways that you could achieve this result. I would recommend using Distort & Transform.

1. Draw the initial shape of the letter (or find a similar font)
2. Select the letter, and then click Effect > Distort & Transform > Transform...
3. Change the number of Copies in the right-hand side of the window to reflect the number of lines you would like the letter to have
4. Under Move enter the same negative number for Horizontal and positive number for Vertical (i.e. Horizontal :-13pt, Vertical: 13pt)
5. Use the pen tool to fill in the missing lines on the outer edges of the letters (for example, on the top of the "d")

That should at give you a pretty good start.