PDA

View Full Version : pictures of an intel mini that's not a straight copy

pna
Jun 10, 2005, 10:16 AM
After all of the hubbub that surrounded the release of aopen's clone of the mac mini based on the pentium M processor, I was a little surprised to see pictures of a different intel prototype on overclockers from computex. The size specs aren't given, but I have to say, this thing looks pretty fly -- a lot better than the aopen ripoff. Scroll to the bottom of the article to see the pictures.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I've not seen it anywhere else or mentioned in these forums.

overclockers article on overclocking pentium M (http://www.overclockers.com/articles1234/)

Capt Underpants
Jun 10, 2005, 10:34 AM
I would buy it over the mini, if they were priced the same. I also like the styling of the Aopen model. Maybe it's just me :o

mkrishnan
Jun 10, 2005, 10:39 AM
Yeah, this one is pretty good looking. :) It's hard to tell from the photo, but I could see this being pretty gangsta' if they had some blackened metal or anthracite kind of finishes goin' on. They should make some stackable wireless routers and so on, and you could have a little server tower.

pna
Jun 10, 2005, 11:00 AM
Ah, whoops, I see that this was actually posted at the very tail end of the aopen mini thread, though these pictures are much clearer.

Pretty stylin', nonetheless.