PDA

View Full Version : Backlit PowerBook problems

endoscient
Jun 10, 2005, 11:53 AM
I got my PowerBook yesterday and ABSOLUTELY love it. The backlit keyboard is really nice. It worked fine yesterday. Except whenever I try to turn it on with teh keyboard it shows they OSD of it, but an unavaiable symbol at the bottom. haven't been able to get it that dark for it to do it with sensor. Anyone know why is this?

MacTruck
Jun 10, 2005, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I thought you could turn it on at will but suddenly mine is doing the same thing. Will only come on with sensor. Did Tiger do this or was it always this way?

endoscient
Jun 10, 2005, 04:17 PM
after using it some more i think you have to be in low enough lite for it to come on at all. this is fine, bc if u when u need it the sensor wont stop you.

andiwm2003
Jun 18, 2005, 05:58 PM
I got my PowerBook yesterday and ABSOLUTELY love it. The backlit keyboard is really nice. It worked fine yesterday. Except whenever I try to turn it on with teh keyboard it shows they OSD of it, but an unavaiable symbol at the bottom. haven't been able to get it that dark for it to do it with sensor. Anyone know why is this?

i'm joining the club. my keyboard light doesn't work anymore. same unavailable symbol as you describe. it worked with tiger before, i think. did the security update. restart, zapping pr-ram and resetting pmu didn't help.

something is wrong here....... :(

well, just found out, when you cover the speakers a while it comes on. that's where the sensor for ambient light is. but before i could switch it on and off at will. this is new in tiger. :confused:

risc
Jun 18, 2005, 06:31 PM
Imagine that the keyboard lighting doesn't come on when it's light and you can read the keyboard? You do understand the keyboard backing light is for dark conditions? Try turning the lights off, or sit in a dark closet!

Sorry for sounding rude, but wtf?

andiwm2003
Jun 18, 2005, 06:50 PM
Imagine that the keyboard lighting doesn't come on when it's light and you can read the keyboard? You do understand the keyboard backing light is for dark conditions? Try turning the lights off, or sit in a dark closet!

Sorry for sounding rude, but wtf?

well, you have to love the refreshing sound of australians......

the comment was more the change how tiger handles the backlit keyboard. we were concerned that something is broken. i personally don't give a sh%$ about the backlit keyboard, but when i want to resell my PB everything should work or get repaired as long as the warranty lasts.

as for your comments: they were very helpful. please more of that.

btw my walk in closet has a light. so your last tip won't help anyway

:D

killuminati
Jun 18, 2005, 06:51 PM
It's not supposed to come on when its light. Its been like that since Panther.

I don't really see what your complaining about???

risc
Jun 18, 2005, 07:02 PM
the comment was more the change how tiger handles the backlit keyboard. we were concerned that something is broken

I'm pretty sure Panther worked exactly the same as Tiger on my PowerBook.