Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dgghostkilla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
I have the mini in the closet to serve media across my network etc, time machine backups via Lion Server App
Only way to wake it up is by pressing keyboard or mouse buttons

I've tried with the energy Saver and put it Computer sleep/ display sleep on 1 minute and it wont go to sleep. This is with both "Wake for network Access on/off" Does not goes to sleep.
Finally i Read about PleaseSleep app. This WILL MAKE THE COMPUTER AND DROBO GO TO SLEEP"
But I cant wake it up via Lan "share Screen" But It will however wake up randomly on its own.
If i set the mac mini settings under Energy Savings to never sleep and with Pleasesleep on and schedule it to go to sleep at midnight and wake up at 6:00 am. It will go to sleep but wont wake up at 6:00am
i've done reset the SMC and PRAM
I've tried not runnning the server app as well

2.26 Ghz core 2 duoLate 2009 Mac mini running 10.7.2 Hardware
8 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3
SSD M4 Crucial with latest Firmware
Headless no Monitor

Setup

Mac mini with a drobo 2nd gen via firewire
Ethernet cat6 to time capsule in bridge mode(time capsule hooked up to actiontech fios router)
on the network I have apple tv 2 via WIFI
DLNA SONY TV, PS3 Via ethernet cat6 to a switch hooked up to time capsule
Imac hooked up via ethernet cat6
two mac book airs via wifi

Always running apps
Mail
PS3 Media Server
MediaLink server
Plex media Server
Lion Server App
iTunes
Drobo Dash
Air Display

Wavell

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2007
Essex, UK
I have the mini in the closet to serve media across my network etc, time machine backups via Lion Server App
Only way to wake it up is by pressing keyboard or mouse buttons

I've tried with the energy Saver and put it Computer sleep/ display sleep on 1 minute and it wont go to sleep. This is with both "Wake for network Access on/off" Does not goes to sleep.
Finally i Read about PleaseSleep app. This WILL MAKE THE COMPUTER AND DROBO GO TO SLEEP"
But I cant wake it up via Lan "share Screen" But It will however wake up randomly on its own.
If i set the mac mini settings under Energy Savings to never sleep and with Pleasesleep on and schedule it to go to sleep at midnight and wake up at 6:00 am. It will go to sleep but wont wake up at 6:00am
i've done reset the SMC and PRAM
I've tried not runnning the server app as well

2.26 Ghz core 2 duoLate 2009 Mac mini running 10.7.2 Hardware
8 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3
SSD M4 Crucial with latest Firmware
Headless no Monitor

Setup

Mac mini with a drobo 2nd gen via firewire
Ethernet cat6 to time capsule in bridge mode(time capsule hooked up to actiontech fios router)
on the network I have apple tv 2 via WIFI
DLNA SONY TV, PS3 Via ethernet cat6 to a switch hooked up to time capsule
Imac hooked up via ethernet cat6
two mac book airs via wifi

Always running apps
Mail
PS3 Media Server
MediaLink server
Plex media Server
Lion Server App
iTunes
Drobo Dash
Air Display

I have the same issue too (and practically identical hardware to you). At first I thought it was iTunes that was preventing sleep, but have now narrowed it down to some form of interplay between the latest DRobo firmware and Lion. I've tried running the DRobo from USB 2.0 also, with no difference :(

There's nothing running on my mac mini that's causing it not to sleep.. literally, the only thing I have running is iTunes.

I can't find anything in the DRobo forums about it either :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.