PDA

View Full Version : Sony HDR Z1U ?

Espnetboy3
Jun 10, 2005, 03:56 PM
Anybody hear of or know where I can find something about like a review on the sony hdr z1u camera? I know my friend says he is getting it and its hdv I believe but i cant find any info about it anywhere. I checked camcorderinfo.com also. Any help would be great, thanks.

FF_productions
Jun 11, 2005, 09:49 AM
google it, a lot, just search Sony HDR Z1U Reviews, and look at the results...

Espnetboy3
Jun 11, 2005, 01:51 PM
Ya im retarded its the HVR there is no hdr lol.

slackpacker
Jun 21, 2005, 07:53 AM
Anybody hear of or know where I can find something about like a review on the sony hdr z1u camera? I know my friend says he is getting it and its hdv I believe but i cant find any info about it anywhere. I checked camcorderinfo.com also. Any help would be great, thanks.

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=33032

Plus the Sony Z1u rocks. Pal/NTSC 1080i... works great with Macs.

Lacero
Jun 21, 2005, 08:03 AM
The Z1U has a very limited exposure range. The resolution is nice, but I'd rent until something with better DSPs and optics comes along.

Nicky G
Jun 22, 2005, 09:17 PM
You might want to wait until Panasonic's solid-state DVCPROHD cam comes out, although a bit more expensive. It's a much better compressed HD codec than HDV. Keep in mind HDV requires a really hefty machine to work with. It's so compressed (such a small size, same as standard def DV), it takes a lot of CPU to uncompress on the fly.

LethalWolfe
Jun 22, 2005, 09:34 PM
You might want to wait until Panasonic's solid-state DVCPROHD cam comes out, although a bit more expensive. It's a much better compressed HD codec than HDV. Keep in mind HDV requires a really hefty machine to work with. It's so compressed (such a small size, same as standard def DV), it takes a lot of CPU to uncompress on the fly.

Panasonic's HVX200 (w/the 2 8gig P2 cards bundled) is 2x as much as the Z1U (and it could be more if Sony drops the price when the Panny is released).

Lethal