Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geffen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Michigan
I recently bought a Macbook 2007 version with 2.0 Ghz and 1 GB Ram and it has the 80 GB HD. it came with Tiger 10.4 today i attempted to upgrade it to Leopard 10.5 I had cleaned the Leopard disk before putting it into the drive and I ran into a speech error message half way through the install so i restarted and when i restarted it didnt give me an option to go back to 10.4 it said 10.5 however when i go into it and click on any options it says your application quit so i'm attempting now to update the software by downloading the Mac OS update for 10.5. Will this cure my issue with the install stopping in the middle? I do not have the Tiger 10.4 disk so i dont know if i can even get back to that version.

Nov 28, 2010
located
How did you attempt to upgrade to Leopard via what exact media and what installation method did you chose?

How are you attempting to download what? You can't update from 10.4 to 10.5 via a simple Software Update download. Maybe you have 10.5 already installed?
Have you looked at :apple: > About this Mac yet?

Geffen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Michigan
I did the upgrade by the Leopard 10.5 disk however the upgrade stopped in the middle and gave me some sort of speech error message so i click the restart when i checked about this mac it says its 10.5 however the background still looks like Tiger and whenever i click on anything it says your application quit so i clicked on software update and currently im downloading the Mac OS X Combined update.

Geffen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Michigan
Heres an update on my Macbook after downloading the software update for 10.5 i was able to restart and when i go to about this mac it shows version 10.5.8 however my background on my macbook still looks like the Tiger desktop background and it doesn't have the Leopard desktop background i didnt see it in my system preferences as to how to change it. seems everything appears to be working at this point, i've added Firefox which is something i couldnt do before under 10.4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.