Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enkii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Hello there i have a mid summer 2010 imac with a 1GB Ati radeon 5750, 2.93 ghz intel core i7 , 4g ram
i will be running the game with bootcamp with windows 7 64 bit
Will i have issues running it and will it run smoothly on what settings?
does anyone else play it using bootcamp

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
should run fine... you just have to play with the settings. If you run a lower resolution than your max (because your max is HUGE) then you should be able to run the rest of the settings near max. but just play with the settings and find what you like.... you are well over the minimum requirements.

Enkii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
should run fine... you just have to play with the settings. If you run a lower resolution than your max (because your max is HUGE) then you should be able to run the rest of the settings near max. but just play with the settings and find what you like.... you are well over the minimum requirements.

Thanks for your reply what do you mean by Max?
do you think i will get decent fps?

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Thanks for your reply what do you mean by Max?
do you think i will get decent fps?

What she means is that your max resolution is very huge, 2560x1440 resolution versus 1440x900 on most laptops or 1920x1080 on most new screens.
At that resolution you'll have a hard time with high settings.
Your options are either lower the res or lower settings to like medium and turn shadows and such down.

You should be able to get good FPS on a 5750 with 1GB if you turn a bit down.

Enkii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
What she means is that your max resolution is very huge, 2560x1440 resolution versus 1440x900 on most laptops or 1920x1080 on most new screens.
At that resolution you'll have a hard time with high settings.
Your options are either lower the res or lower settings to like medium and turn shadows and such down.

You should be able to get good FPS on a 5750 with 1GB if you turn a bit down.

By lowering the resolution will my screen be smaller? to confirm i can play on high settings if i do this right? also will i still be able to sustain a crystal clear image by changing the resolution?

Last edited:

thebeautyisfake

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2010
By lowering the resolution will my screen be smaller? to confirm i can play on high settings if i do this right? also will i still be able to sustain a crystal clear image by changing the resolution?

If you choose the right resolution then it'll still fill the entire screen. However, you won't get a "crystal clear image" because its taking a resolution lower than your monitors native and stretching it. It'll look a tiny bit blurry but shouldn't be too noticeable.

If you're after clarity over quality then use the max resolution and lower the settings.

Enkii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
If you choose the right resolution then it'll still fill the entire screen. However, you won't get a "crystal clear image" because its taking a resolution lower than your monitors native and stretching it. It'll look a tiny bit blurry but shouldn't be too noticeable.

If you're after clarity over quality then use the max resolution and lower the settings.

I am able to handle world of warcraft natively on my max resolution i only used to switch down the shadows and draw distance everything else on high do you think this will be the same scenario?
Do you think it will still look good? i plan to switch the settings to medium and shows off

I also found someone on another forum who said this he seems to running it fine even with parallels

Hey there,

Bioware's new MMO is now live and I'm running it in OSX 10.7 with Parallels Desktop 7.

It runs really well actually and I can run it on max res with most visual treats turned on using my mid-2010 27" iMac.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.