PDA

View Full Version : ibook G4 crash trouble

Cayman11
Jun 10, 2005, 09:36 PM
I have an ibook G4 (running 10.3.9) that is a little over a year old, in other words, just out of warranty. It has been crashing a lot lately and I have just been ignoring it. Today it crashed in the middle of my downloading mac software updates. When I tried to restart it hung at the point that says "detecting printer settings". I tried repeatedly to restart with no luck getting the computer started. I ran disk repair on the hard drive but it detected no problems. I decided just to bite the bullet and reformat my hard drive and reinstall (I had previously backed up my data). Then I began having problems trying to reinstall. It kept hanging on the first disk and when I finally made it to the second disk the computer crashed in the middle. I am now at a loss as to what to do. I have no software installed on my computer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

slooksterPSV
Jun 12, 2005, 11:13 AM
I'm thinking RAM or Logic Board problems. Does it do a kernal panic? The screen dims while there is a box saying, you must restart your computer? I'm going with RAM though.