PDA

View Full Version : The spotify app kinda pointless...

DanBurns91
Jan 30, 2012, 03:25 PM
Hi,
I'm just wondering if anybody else can shed some light about the spotify app for iOS. If you haven't got a subscription such as myself all it does it load the music locally on to your device (in exactly the same way as the current music app). Am i doing something wrong or is this how it works? I was under the impression the music you have downloaded and stored on your laptop could be streamed to your device providing you have it locally.

Thanks,
Dan

Daveoc64
Jan 30, 2012, 03:51 PM
Hi,
I'm just wondering if anybody else can shed some light about the spotify app for iOS. If you haven't got a subscription such as myself all it does it load the music locally on to your device (in exactly the same way as the current music app). Am i doing something wrong or is this how it works? I was under the impression the music you have downloaded and stored on your laptop could be streamed to your device providing you have it locally.

Thanks,
Dan

The App originally required a premium subscription and only offered streaming from the Spotify service.

Last year they added a feature that let you sync "local music" to your iOS device - this is mainly aimed at people buying songs from Spotify (per track/album), but anyone can use it.

Really, if you don't have a subscription you're better off using iTunes to manage and sync your music.

DanBurns91
Jan 30, 2012, 04:12 PM
Ace! thanks for the help! :-)