Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
not all people care about warranty. i myself am only doing a backplate. not sure if im gonna go colored or carbon fiber though. i say do it

KeroLu

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2011
It's a bit pricey. Though I wonder if replacing the front is as easy as replacing the back plate.

MacBookPr0

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have done it, it looks awesome, and I got it cheap because I import these and resell them. It gets a lot of looks, and didn't void warranty since my phone was already out of warranty

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
I tried the bule coloroed replacement for the front and back of my iPhone 4. I have to say that it was pretty awesome for about a month. People would comment on how cool it looked and it felt good feeling like I actually have a unique device. I have to say though it got pretty old quick, the glass just doens't fell as smooth as the official white or black. It could just be a mental thing but it just got on my nerves.

4sFanatic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
I'm seeing stuff on e-bay for 60-80 bucks.
Looks like they are ALL made in china, what are the odds these are all the same item made in the same factory?

anyone else do a color conversion?

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Just put decals on. $5 and when you are sick of it you have your still warrantied, higher grade fronts and backs.

4sFanatic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012

4sFanatic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
That is not the only thing. They use sub-par parts. The coating is the least of your worries.

Please post a link to the data that persuaded you to make this silly post. :rolleyes:
Do you know which plant/assembly line in china makes Apple's case?
Do you know which plant/assembly line in china makes these cases?

(fwi- this would be a purchase, NOT a trade. I would still retain my stock front&back cover)

Last edited by a moderator:

4sFanatic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Just put decals on. $5 and when you are sick of it you have your still warrantied, higher grade fronts and backs.

It crossed my mind, but I have a white 4s, and stickers would not cover the 1/16" white sides that encircle the phone. I don't think I would pay the $129 in the link in the OP, but maybe half that.
Would be nice to have a different color, don't you think? :D

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
It crossed my mind, but I have a white 4s, and stickers would not cover the 1/16" white sides that encircle the phone. I don't think I would pay the $129 in the link in the OP, but maybe half that.
Would be nice to have a different color, don't you think? :D

Sure would. I just figured $5 is a small investment to see if it's something you will like keeping. If you are like me I have to change cases every month or so. I have way too many.

4sFanatic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012

MsBeauty

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Those look the same. They probably all come from the same manu in china.
I'm in the us and wouldn't want to order from overseas, and I don't see the dark blue one which looks so cool. Thanks for the links, that's what I want, for guys to share their experiences and links so we can all benefit. :)

Pretty much the same stuff.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/513308028/for_iphone_4_4G_touch_screen.html

Doubt the glass can stand any drop.. will crack completely right away!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.