Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liven2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
Bonney Lake, WA
So far I have had three of my PC using friends switch to Macs.. I 2 went with Imac and one with the TI Powerbook. Two more of my friends would like a mac after seeing Jaguar but have to much money invested in their PC's. They really would like to get a Mac but are concerned about cost and upgrading all their software but they are very curious.

Now I want to get an idea of how many of you have had someone you know switch to a Mac? I would have to think that Mac numbers are going up but it seems we never hear to much about PC people switching to a Macintosh. I could be wrong but I would have to think that People are coming to Mac in droves but maybe this is not true. Everyone share their impressions... what is happening in your part of the world? If we want to see more Mac users we need.. NO.. we have to spread the word! ;)

demonx

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2002
Well I am thinking of making the switch "kind of". At my job another guy has an Ibook, I would NEVER had thought of owning a Mac previoulsy, the last time I used a Mac was proably in grade school with a green monitor:p

But he brought it in day after day, started showing me the Jaguar OS stuff like Sherlock etc, well I have been thinking of getting a TiBook for myself, just fits into the whole digital life thing, nice and portable, slick looking and combine with Jaguar. Though Im not going to get a Mac Desktop, a portable seems nice:)

arogge

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
Mixed results

I have sold more than $10,000 worth of Apple products to a small group of people in the past year, with many more people planning to purchase an Apple computer when it comes time for them to upgrade. The PowerBook G4 is a real attention-grabbing item when displayed in public. Most people are shocked when they discover that the laptop has no Microsoft Start button and that I'm not using Microsoft Office. Still, too many people say that they don't like Apple, for whatever vague reason. Here are some real quotes from Microsoft-hooked Induhviduals about why they don't like Apple:

"But you need the software for it."
"How do you type? Don't you need Word?"
"Nobody uses Apple anymore."
"All of my friends use a normal computer. How would I get any help?"
"I heard they have lots of problems."
"It doesn't have a floppy disk."
"It's not compatible with what everybody else is using. Why didn't you get a Dell?"
"There's too much click, click, click, click, click."

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
a few thousand? tens of thousands?...but that won't make a gigantic difference since mac users don't find other mac users and raise mac children

we come to the mac as individuals thus all those dual platform households

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
im going to be switching soon....most ppl piss me off cuz im switching :( they go "your a g-d dumb butt cuz your switching to mac" n stuff like that (keeping it free of swearing :p) i'm so freaking tired of it...theres this one guy who keeps saying how he thinks macs sucks.... *sigh* n he goes "well my pc is faster than a dual 867 powermac :p" grr...

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
None personally; however, I was in CompUSA Saturday with a former employee and his wife and we were talking to the Apple rep.

She said that a man came into the store looking for a portable DVD writer. She said "For the price of that equipment, you've got a good start on an iMac with the drive built-in, as well as the software to use it seamlessly.

He left with the iMac. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.