Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
It is possible that there is a a PEBKAC error. You are not syncing correctly or something. If the music is on your computer and it's legit music, the problem is you.

This is impossible to believe. Did you guys help build the software or something?

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=itu....,cf.osb&fp=fd7383ffd6cf4dd5&biw=1366&bih=638

Of course I know how to avoid it now, but it's automatically set to do that if you don't have music stored on your computer.

I never really liked the idea of syncing. Why can't you just drag and drop like a normal mp3 player?

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Several. Am I the only one?

I had it happen several times this week. I spent about 10 hours on Monday trying to figure out what was happening. Three times I connected and my music was gone.

I also had a problem syncing 158 music videos purchased in iTunes. Putting a check mark in the box labeled since music videos only synced some of them. I created a playlist for those videos to sync and only a few would sync with that. I then selected both options to sync the videos and this time all 158 synced but then I had two copies of the videos.

I finally fixed the music video problem by selecting manually manage music and videos and dragging the music video playlist to my phone. All 158 videos synced. I then set the phone to automatically sync and the videos stayed.

5.0.1 has lots of bugs....or is it iTunes?

Last edited:

motoleo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
iTunes is overly difficult. It shouldn't be that hard.

I use Copytrans. I highly recommend it.

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Never. I got confused when iTunes tried to delete all my music upon syncing on another computer, but then I just got used to the habit of always drag-and-dropping contents to my iPod.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
iTunes has done some really weird things (especially crashing my PC), but it hasn't yet deleted my music from anything - iPods, iPhone or iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.