Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Got a cartoon about Apple's switch to Intel processors? Post it here!

uf008021.gif

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
that one's not all that special - I'm looking forward to seeing some more intelligent/funny ones, though.

D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Doonesbury probably won't mention the chip switch, being more politically oriented than tech oriented, but I was glad to see that Zonker has an iMac.

db050609.gif

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
clayj said:
Here's another, also from "User Friendly":

uf008023.gif

Wouldn't it be funnier if it went:

"Why, you're not a PC user."

"Correct. My sister, however, is."

"Which means?"

"Which means I can no longer say 'Sorry. I don't know enough about Intel boxes to do tech support.' "

???

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
dejo said:
Wouldn't it be funnier if it went:

"Why, you're not a PC user."

"Correct. My sister, however, is."

"Which means?"

"Which means I can no longer say 'Sorry. I don't know enough about Intel boxes to do tech support.' "

???

Yes. I am not sure I understand it in this context.

Alternatively, he could've said, "I only know about Intel Boxes...Not Macs."

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Brother Michael said:
Yes. I am not sure I understand it in this context.

Alternatively, he could've said, "I only know about Intel Boxes...Not Macs."
The point is that he's been dodging doing tech support for his sister using the excuse "I only know Intel". Now that Macs will be running Intel CPUs and will be more PC-like, that excuse won't float anymore.

Applespider

macrumors G4
clayj said:
The point is that he's been dodging doing tech support for his sister using the excuse "I only know Intel". Now that Macs will be running Intel CPUs and will be more PC-like, that excuse won't float anymore.

I get the joke that way. But since I've always had far more tech questions from Wintel users than Mac users, I think it would have been funnier being a Mac guy having to know Intel now.

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
clayj said:

I gathered that much. But I don't think it is written very well.

Mike

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Brother Michael said:
I gathered that much. But I don't think it is written very well.

Good concept, but yeah, wordage was a little off.

I've had my share of issues doing support for macs - remember, most of the time its not the machine, its the user.....

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
clayj said:
Yet another one...

uf008025.gif

That's actually a great idea for a Flash Spoof of the Switch ads - I'm sort of surprised no one has done this yet.....probably its been too long since we've seen a new one.

D

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Mr. Anderson said:
That's actually a great idea for a Flash Spoof of the Switch ads - I'm sort of surprised no one has done this yet.....probably its been too long since we've seen a new one.

D

Those are always great, I love them. I hope somebody does some of those with all of this new material.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.