Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac-attac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to this forum, so looking for a little help.

I have an iPad 2 and ATV 2. When I am AiPlaying from the iPad to the ATV the connection is lost when I lock the iPad, this means I have to sit with the iPad unlocked with it displaying the "iPad is Airplaying" screen - using battery.
If I hit the power button to lock it or flip the cover over it cuts the play back. It only does this when airplaying video files, if it's just airplaying music files it's ok. I've checked all the setting and can't figure it out. Surely there's an option like "when in airplay mode, don't cut connection if screen is locked" ???

thanks for any help.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I read about that bug on iOS5 somewhere, I am not sure if that had been addressed yet, make sure you are running most current firmware on both devices, 5.0.1 on the iPad, 4.4.4 on the AppleTV

mac-attac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
hey,

thanks for posting.

I wasn't aware it's a bug, I thought it might be a setting somewhere. Thanks for the heads up but yeah I'm on iOS 5.0.1 and 4.4.4.

Could it be anything else, or should I just keep my fingers crossed apple address it in 5.1?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
hey,

thanks for posting.

I wasn't aware it's a bug, I thought it might be a setting somewhere. Thanks for the heads up but yeah I'm on iOS 5.0.1 and 4.4.4.

Could it be anything else, or should I just keep my fingers crossed apple address it in 5.1?

Here is one of the support threads about it

I don't think they had issued a fix yet.

mac-attac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
thanks again. i had a read through that thread and it seems everyone is saying that it has just started happening since iOS 5 has came in and that 5.0.1 hasn't fixed it.
Some are saying it's an app specific problem...maybe...I'm not sure. Can only hope that 5.1 sorts it.

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.