PDA

View Full Version : Netbeans previews

Justkeepmoving
Feb 2, 2012, 09:07 AM
Anyone have any idea why my pages wont preview correctly through Netbeans 7.1? Mac OSX 10.6.8.

If i open html written in notepad through Safari, i get a 'true' view of my page (i assume, because it works like expected), but if i open the same file in Netbeans and click run, it just shows up plain text with no formatting, images etc.

I'm trying to preview a php document now and obviously can't just preview with a browser, but am having the same problem.

I'm using MAMP and MySQL workbench for my databases, though i don't think these will be the issue?

n00b in most of this i'm afraid, so ANY step-by-step advice or instructions appreciated :D

Thanks.

ScoobyMcDoo
Feb 2, 2012, 09:58 AM
I use netbeans, but not for html or php, so I'll try to help, but no sure how much help I'll actually be...

Anyway, what type of project did you create? Also, do you have the PHP plug-in installed?

Justkeepmoving
Feb 5, 2012, 02:53 PM
Hi thanks for your reply. Yes, I have installed the PHP plug-in and it is activated. There is an available plug-in called PHP Symfony2 Framework too, but guessing it's for something else.

I started a PHP project and it has 2 'pages' so far- a .css file and an index.php file. I've attached a screenshot of my Netbeans screen- you might notice something.