PDA

View Full Version : Videos as part of a reply

dukebound85
Feb 3, 2012, 11:33 AM
I find these extremely obnoxious and distracts from the thread greatly imo. Recent examples are found in this thread via posts 56 and 61. I find these sorts of posts worse than wading through exorbant signatures on other forums that MR does not allow thankfully.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=14263889#post14263889

Is these a way that these videos can be hidden via a user cp setting or just prevented from being uploaded in the first place?

Thoughts?

simsaladimbamba
Feb 3, 2012, 11:39 AM
That is an animated .gif, which can be attached quite easily. It is just another image format, thus I guess it needs customisation of the forum software to let the members exclude animated .gif files via one's settings.

annk
Feb 3, 2012, 04:05 PM
Posts that contain images only with no real content added to the discussion, can be reported. ;)

andalusia
Feb 5, 2012, 03:21 AM
Interestingly enough, I have an issue regarding embedded, or linked, videos. Often I won't see anything at all in the post. If somebody replies with a video, to me their post will be completely blank. Is this a simple User CP setting or us there something wrong?

SandboxGeneral
Feb 5, 2012, 06:12 AM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Interestingly enough, I have an issue regarding embedded, or linked, videos. Often I won't see anything at all in the post. If somebody replies with a video, to me their post will be completely blank. Is this a simple User CP setting or us there something wrong?

Do you have Click2Flash installed or are you using Firefox with the Noscript extension or any type of Flash blocker extensions?

Check for those and if you have them, add YouTube to the whitelist. You also could try resetting your browser, clearing your browser cache and clearing your DNS cache.

I don't believe there are any settings in User CP that would cause this problem. But check your Thread Display options and see that Display Images is checked.