Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nova77

Original poster
May 12, 2011
Title says it all..... Anyone know an app to join H.264 with AAC in a .mov container that works on PPC mac?

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
I think you'll need to be a little more clear about what you are trying to do. What does it mean to "join" an audio file with a video file?

Nova77

Original poster
May 12, 2011
I think you'll need to be a little more clear about what you are trying to do. What does it mean to "join" an audio file with a video file?

Mux them into a .mov container file. Put video track and audio track together. Video track is H.264, audio track is AAC. That is standard for .mov HD video.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Mux them into a .mov container file. Put video track and audio track together. Video track is H.264, audio track is AAC. That is standard for .mov HD video.

Forgive my ignorance. How is that different than adding the AAC track as the soundtrack to the H.264 file in iMovie and exporting to .mov?

Nova77

Original poster
May 12, 2011
Subler seems to be what I was looking for, but it crashes everytime I try to combine video with audio to .mp4.

----------

iMovie will re-encode the audio and video, which is entirely unnecessary.

+1 for Subler.

Hmmmm I bet there was a good reason for that link. I can't tell if it will work, but for what I can tell v. 0.9.8 hasn't crashed yet. Later v. are bad on PPC, and latest is Intel only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.