PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Products saying Scratch/Start-up Disk is full, but I have over 400 free GB.

Mizzikiel
Feb 3, 2012, 05:10 PM
I was working in Illustrator, and I went to move something from Photoshop to Illustrator. A message then popped up for Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom, all saying in some variation that my scratch disk is full.

I tried reading up on it, and it said normally it would be because the hard drive is full. But I checked it out and I have over 400GB free. So that can't be it. I tried going into PS and purging the scratch disk, but that didn't do anything either.

If anyone knows how to fix this, that would be amazing.

Edit: I just tried partitioning my disk, and setting that as the scratch disk, and it still isn't working.

Mutinygraphiks
Feb 5, 2012, 03:53 PM
did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your adobe suite sometimes it kicks up an error and thats the only way i have been able to remove the error.

spacedcadet
Feb 6, 2012, 03:49 AM
You need to specify the disk you are using for scratch in the Adobe Preferences.

If you are "moving"something between PS and Illy that isn't really suitable, or with a method it doesn't like you could get into a crash that generates a MASSIVE scratch file and gives you the error maybe?

What are you trying to import and how are you trying to get it there?