PDA

View Full Version : Macbook (Black) Display problems

blackbookie
Feb 3, 2012, 08:40 PM
Hi guys,

My macbook's display recently started acting up, the display is not properly working.

It is as if its on its lowest brightness setting, its all dark and if you look hard enough you can see the desktop and whatnot. To confirm it was a display issue i hooked up my laptop to a tv and everything is fine.

Another interesting "clue" is that when the screen's brightness bar is at its lowest say like this:

----------------

(where - indicates the brightness is off and x indicates the brightness is on for that square)

when i increase the brightness to the first level like this:

x----------------

for a split second the screen will be on full brightness and then go all dark again. Please note that this only happens when going from 0 brightness to the first brightness level on the mac.

Also please note that when i say increase brightness anywhere above the actual display brightness does not increase, its only the brightness bar that increases.

I was wondering if you could tell me what could be the problem im facing, any possible fixes (details would be appreciated such as youtube videos on the fix or places to fix it and the cost, or links for buying any spare parts needed).

many thanks.

blackbookie
Feb 17, 2012, 09:45 PM
Anybody?

I should add that sometimes it randomly starts working for a few minutes.
For example today I connected my laptop to the tv and while it was syncing to output the display suddenly the laptop display started working.

I assume as soon as I disconnect the display out cable it will stop working again.

eman
Feb 18, 2012, 11:23 AM
Replace the inverter in the lid.

l.a.rossmann
Feb 25, 2012, 11:24 PM
It could be

a) Inverter board.

b) The wire that goes from the inverter board to the logic board.

c) The backlight in the display.

d) the logic board.

Don't bother replacing A without B.