Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dj9928

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Ireland
At the moment if I download an app from my iPhone it will download to iTunes aswell, when I sync my sons iPod it also appears in it as well. How do I stop this? My son has a different iCloud ID he just uses my iTunes account to buy apps etc

tyr2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2006
Leeds, UK
Connect the iPod to iTunes, select it, go to the 'apps' tab. Untick 'automatically sync new apps'.

If you don't want it to automatically download to iTunes at all, go to 'Preferences', 'Store' and untick 'Apps' in 'automatic downloads'

shoppinmomma

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2012
Similar situation that I need help with

I just recently upgraded to an iPhone 4S. Since that time, anytime an app is downloaded onto any of our 4 devices, it is pushed to ALL of the devices. How do I stop this from happening? I'm assuming it's somewhere in the settings. I also do have iCloud activated, but the only thing active on it is "Find my iPhone". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I just recently upgraded to an iPhone 4S. Since that time, anytime an app is downloaded onto any of our 4 devices, it is pushed to ALL of the devices. How do I stop this from happening? I'm assuming it's somewhere in the settings. I also do have iCloud activated, but the only thing active on it is "Find my iPhone". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same as above, but connect each device in turn and select the option "DO NOt Automatically sync new apps"

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Goto settings - store on each device (you don't have to connect to itunes) and select your syncing options for books, music and apps.

The previous options mentioned in this thread prevent syncing when you connect to itunes on pc/mac, I don't think that was the exact problem you are having.

Strollingbag

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2013
Please I think it's the currect answer

please open iTunes and go to itunes preferences, a new window will open and click on store tab and unckeck Apps and click OK. I think it will sort out your problem.... Thankx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.