Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dansmith3003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
I have just been signed out of all my Apple software which uses my Apple ID, iTunes, App Stores and most importantly my iCloud email.

I AM USING ANOTHER QUICKLY CREATED APPLE ID.

It says that there has been a security breach and it has been locked for security reasons.

I can only assume that it was being hacked or something.

I have tried to reset the password but it says that the security information i have given them is wrong. However I have given them the correct information.

I am now locked out of my main email and all other accounts.

My apple accounts have credit card information as well as tons of personal information/emails attached to them so naturally I am very worried.

Does anybody know if there is an emergency way of contacting Apple about this matter or can reccomend the best course of action?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
I have just been signed out of all my Apple software which uses my Apple ID, iTunes, App Stores and most importantly my iCloud email.

I AM USING ANOTHER QUICKLY CREATED APPLE ID.

It says that there has been a security breach and it has been locked for security reasons.

How are you trying to access your account? In iTunes, a browser, on a Mac, on an iPhone...?

First, sign out of your quickly-created Apple ID.

Then try to sign back in with your original Apple ID. Can you do so?

You say "It says there has been a security breach"... what says? What is the message?

Is there a link provided to reset your credentials?

You may need to call Apple, but let's go through the basics first.

dansmith3003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Basically the mail app on my Macbook asked me to re-enter my password. I entered it and re entered it but the box kept coming up.

I then went to the web version of iCloud to enter my password and it came up with a box saying

"APPLE ID DISABLED: Your Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons. To enable your account, resent your password at iforgot.apple.com"

It also says the same information under the iCloud panel in System preferences on my mac.

When I went to that site I entered the security details that I gave apple when I first bought .mac a few years ago (this account has been running under .mac, mobile me, and iCloud.

Apple's site said that the security information I have provided them with is wrong and the account is still disabled.

I have tried to ring Apple but their first available slot to ring them is not until Tuesday morning according to their 'EXPRESS LANE' support system online.

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
I'm out of ideas for you. Is an Apple Store genius bar appointment a possibility for you?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Yep, the only way to sort this one out is to contact Apple. They have disabled your account. It's possible that someone has tried to access the account, or that numerous incorrect password attempts have been tried.

They do it for security of your data....Just ring them, and they will talk you through the process of re-setting your ID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.