Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
I found the solution to ALL iOS 5.x devices, go to Settings > Safari > and disable "Private Browsing"

Note that Safari will go back to iOS 4.x blue, and more importantly, will fix the cookie and history issues we've been expierencing!!!

I recomend backing up with iTunes or preferably iCloud, so when you need to Restore, or Update, you'll get your settings back.

Apparently, Apple decided to enable Private Browsing, which doesn't store cookies or history.

Mods, could you pin this thread, to save all the "Safari Dosen't work!!!!" threads?

Markc1024

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2011
I'm not sure what problems people are experiencing, but "Private Browsing" is disabled by default on my phone. No issues with Safari so far.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
I found the solution to ALL iOS 5.x devices, go to Settings > Safari > and disable "Private Browsing"

Note that Safari will go back to iOS 4.x blue, and more importantly, will fix the cookie and history issues we've been expierencing!!!

I recomend backing up with iTunes or preferably iCloud, so when you need to Restore, or Update, you'll get your settings back.

Apparently, Apple decided to enable Private Browsing, which doesn't store cookies or history.

Mods, could you pin this thread, to save all the "Safari Dosen't work!!!!" threads?

I believe you accidentally enabled private browsing...

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
Sorry guise, I thought this was an issue for everyone, every time I install iOS 5 it's like this for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.