Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IJBrekke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2009
Long Beach, CA
I have the Formula 4 (the other full coverage case). It works pretty darn well, no problems with reception, and it's a perfect fit. I also have a bumper that I use occasionally, and while the bumper is a little less thick, the Formula 4 offers greater protection.

If you like it, I say go for it. Element sells quality (if expensive) cases.

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2006
I have the Formula 4 (the other full coverage case). It works pretty darn well, no problems with reception, and it's a perfect fit. I also have a bumper that I use occasionally, and while the bumper is a little less thick, the Formula 4 offers greater protection.

If you like it, I say go for it. Element sells quality (if expensive) cases.

Not to get off subject but since you posted this I thought I would ask. I was looking at the Formula 4 case but had heard that the two pieces do not attached very well and can become loose often. Have you experianced a problem with this?

I would actually prefer the Ion 4 design over the Formula 4 except I am not a fan of the way the silicone covers the bottom front area of the iphone near the home button. Other than that it looks like a awesome case.

IJBrekke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2009
Long Beach, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I too didn't like that silicone front piece, which is why I went with the Formula 4.

When I first got the case, the two pieces were super tight-fitting. After a couple of weeks they gradually started to loosen (which I did not like), and one side actually stopped sitting flush at the seam. I was getting skeptical, so I put in an exchange order with Element.

Then something interesting happened. I washed the case, and it went back to fitting perfectly.

By no means did the case look dirty when I washed it, but I think because it is such a precise, tight fit that even a small amount of dust caused the seam to spread.

Moral of the story: clean it every few weeks and it works great. If you don't you might think it is a design flaw, like I did.

The only real complaint I have is that the carbon fiber backplate accumulates surface scratches fairly easily. Otherwise it is a fantastic case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.