PDA

View Full Version : iPad won't turn on or charge

drock
Feb 5, 2012, 03:41 PM
Hi all, my iPad is a little over a year old, I used it for most of last year with NO problems, never had an issue with turning on or off or charging.

However, I didn't use it all for the last couple months, it's been sitting in its case.

Yesterday I went to take it out, it didn't turn on so I plugged it in to the wall charger, and no "charging" icon came on, the screen never turned on. I tried multiple cables, computer USB port, and verified on my iPhone that the wall charger works.

I can't do a reset because... the device never turns on at all, the screen stays black.

If the battery is dead, wouldn't it still turn on while plugged into the wall? Could it be the dock connector? It never sustained any damage or falls though, so I'm wondering what happened.

Please help if you can!

Arnezie
Feb 5, 2012, 07:18 PM
Plug it in and leave it on the charger overnight it is most likely just super dead.

drock
Feb 7, 2012, 08:38 AM
Plug it in and leave it on the charger overnight it is most likely just super dead.

Wow, this worked... I can't believe it. I left it plugged in for at least a day, and when to turn it on with low hopes, and the screen turned on, charged to 100%

Thank you so much. Hopefully if someone else ever has this problem and finds this thread: leave it plugged in for a night/day!

Arnezie
Feb 7, 2012, 11:39 AM
Glad I could help . :D