Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

42streetsdown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
Gallifrey, 5124
Here is a video of the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqZgHdJb7UQ
The slightest touch will make the screen freak out. It goes between this kind of monochrome and then back to normal color. It was happening before the motherboard died several weeks back, but seamed to be fixed when the replaced the motherboard, but it just started back up today. None of the dying motherboard symptoms have come back though. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Here is a video of the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqZgHdJb7UQ
The slightest touch will make the screen freak out. It goes between this kind of monochrome and then back to normal color. It was happening before the motherboard died several weeks back, but seamed to be fixed when the replaced the motherboard, but it just started back up today. None of the dying motherboard symptoms have come back though. Has anyone seen anything like this before?
I have 3 thoughts:
  1. It looks like you need to adjust your rabbit ears antenna! Try some tinfoil! :D
  2. "Doc, my screen flickers when I do this!" Doc: "Then, don't do that!" :D
  3. It's normal for the screen to do something similar to that if you flex or press the screen with enough pressure. However, it doesn't look right that it would do that with such little pressure. I'd take it to Apple.

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
i have 3 thoughts:
  1. it looks like you need to adjust your rabbit ears antenna! Try some tinfoil! :d
  2. "doc, my screen flickers when i do this!" doc: "then, don't do that!" :d
  3. it's normal for the screen to do something similar to that if you flex or press the screen with enough pressure. However, it doesn't look right that it would do that with such little pressure. I'd take it to apple.

lmao. I like #2!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.