PDA

View Full Version : Dell vs. iMac commercial in World Series!!!

MacAztec
Oct 20, 2002, 11:53 PM
Hahaha, did you guys see it?!?

It had that new Dell, er IBM, er whatever that knockoff imac is. And they started talking about how its faster, has more RAM, and runs 1,000s more programs than the imac, and it was showing the little Dell doing flips over iMacs, and then the dell stuck out its cd tray like it was a tongue, and spit at the iMac.

Then it said how the Dell was cheaper.

What was funny, is that when I first saw the commercial, I thoght it was a cheap LCD with a boombox under it. Then i heard computer, and i started crying!

Rower_CPU
Oct 20, 2002, 11:56 PM
It's the Gateway Profile ...where've you been, MacAztec?

That commercial is a few months old...:p

Sun Baked
Oct 21, 2002, 12:01 AM
PC vs. Mac ...

[EDIT: Tired of the same old arguments. How about settling this in the ring? Computerized battlebots should be fun]

buffsldr
Oct 21, 2002, 01:26 AM
that commercial still baffles me? Are they trying to steal apple share away from mac, stop would be "switchers"? Hmmmm. Anyway, it comes off as an ad for apple to me. Look how cool the imac looks in comparison to that tinny looking thing. Of course, I am biased. But seriously, I need to go hunting around the web and see if i can discover what their motive was for that commercial

j763
Oct 21, 2002, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by buffsldr
I'll see if i can discover what their motive was for that commercial

um... they're stupid. from the execs down to the people in the stores. Everyone at gateway is stupid. Period.

GeeYouEye
Oct 21, 2002, 02:51 AM
Course, Apple did a little of their own advertising during the game: 3 switch ads.

macmax
Oct 21, 2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by j763

um... they're stupid. from the execs down to the people in the stores. Everyone at gateway is stupid. Period.

not stupid, just retarded:p

mnkeybsness
Oct 21, 2002, 12:31 PM
i have a friend who used to work as a tech support for gateway....he knows all the inside info and stuff...he's not a big fan of macs, but does like the operating system...he just needs the compatibility of a PC...so he built his own, and has convinced many other people to build their own too....he even helps them if they are cute girls;)

Kethoticus
Oct 21, 2002, 01:50 PM
Why does Gateway bother to take on Apple? Their competition is Dell. They're the ones Gateway should be worried about. Perhaps Gateway feels that they have a better shot at a successful commercial if they take on something very much different? Or perhaps they know that Dell offers a serious price/performance ratio, and they'd bump their heads against Dell if they tried to take them on? I dunno. I'd love to know what their marketing dept was thinking. But that cow should be worried about Steven.

yzeater
Oct 21, 2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Kethoticus
But that cow should be worried about Steven.

Hate to break it to you, but Steven has been fired

Rower_CPU
Oct 21, 2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by yzeater
Hate to break it to you, but Steven has been fired

Sort of...he's been replaced by the "Dell Interns", but he still appeared in a commercial with them.