Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Now2407

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
UPDATE​

I have decided that instead of camping out at best buy I will camp out at the apple store palo alto. I am camping out with my three other friends and their dad. I am saving right now and will hope fully save enough money before the iPad 3 comes out on march 7th.

stay updated here!

stay tuned for more coverage on the iPad 3!

catch you guys later...

-Now2407

hey guys,

i was going to wait in line at the best buy in palo alto for the ipad 3 or ipad 2s!

I am getting the white 64 gigs (gb) with 3g network speeds hopefully on sprints unlimited plan and maybe on 4g!

I am also getting a smart cover or what ever new accessory that apple launch's!

Its going to cost me a raging $940.00!!!

Here's the calculation for the cost

ipad wifi = $700

ipad with 3g = $130

ipad cover ect. = $40

tax = $70

i can't wait to camp out!

Its all most here! 1 - 2 months away only!!!!!

Comment if you have ever camped out a an apple launch! And if you took videos please post them here!!!!

Last edited:

falcora

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2011
I've camped out for the iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4S, and i'm planning on camping out for the iPad 3. It's a way fun experience. It's a way fun experience, and you get to geek out with the same groups of people. Its also fun to see people come together to solve life's first world problems. Such as where are we gonna get our electricity and wifi? We ended up stringing a 50 ft extension cable from a street light and splitting it with 6 power strips. A few people had wireless personal hotspots with unlimited plans, that we would share. One year someone even brought a projector and we watched movies on the wall of the mall.

Bchagey

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2011
I've camped out for the iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4S, and i'm planning on camping out for the iPad 3. It's a way fun experience. It's a way fun experience, and you get to geek out with the same groups of people. Its also fun to see people come together to solve life's first world problems. Such as where are we gonna get our electricity and wifi? We ended up stringing a 50 ft extension cable from a street light and splitting it with 6 power strips. A few people had wireless personal hotspots with unlimited plans, that we would share. One year someone even brought a projector and we watched movies on the wall of the mall.

this is the coolest **** I've ever heard. I've never been to a camp out for a product launch, but i want to for the iPad 3. only thing I'm worried about is how to keep my beer cold!! party!!

taskmanager

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2009

Nice! I plan on bringing this lil battery powered pa I have. It has a docking station so we can have some music. Ill be in Utah though, so have fun at yours. I miss the bay

LeakedDave

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
UPDATE​

I have decided that instead of camping out at best buy I will camp out at the apple store palo alto. I am camping out with my three other friends and their dad. I am saving right now and will hope fully save enough money before the iPad 3 comes out on march 7th.

stay updated here!

stay tuned for more coverage on the iPad 3!

catch you guys later...

-Now2407

How's the line? Heading to the palo alto store soon. Hope I can get one lol. Should I get there now or would waiting til like 5 be ok? Yea im in palo alto :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.