Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Did a search, but can't find any specific information on this. My ipad2 will be going to a buddy ( fellow forum member here ) when I purchase my 3.

Are there any inherent differences between a UK 64GB wifi model purchased in the Uk, and the same model aquifer in the States?

My common sense says no, but I don't want to send him a brick!

Last edited:

DrNoellyG

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2011
Did a search, but can't find any specific information on this. My ipad2 will be going to a buddy ( fellow forum member here ) when I purchase my 3.

Are there any inherent differences between a UK 64GB wifi model purchased in the Uk, and the same model aquifer in the States?

My common sense says no, but I don't want to send him a brick!

No difference. I bought my 32gb at the High street Oxford apple reseller store and works worldwide. No problems in America or Latinamerica at all.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
^^^ yep, what he said. Any wifi ipad bought at a high street store or your local Comet will work worldwide. Only thing needed to do is slide the UK plug off and put a US plug on. They are only a few quid on ebay. I bought several before coming back to the States.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.