Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jayrcee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
USA
Just hooked my new 2011 Mini Server up to my APC Back-UPS ES 750 and the APC unit won't stop clicking. It sounds like it is continually switching the battery backup off and on. It does this 2-3 times a minute. The unit was previously used on my PC for about a year with no troubles. It just started this since plugging the Mini into it. Nothing new has been added to the UPS other than the Mini. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Jayrcee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
USA
Is anything else plugged into the UPS?

My printer and scanner. They were plugged in when I used to use it on my PC however. It's clearly the Mini causing the problem, I just don't understand why. It certainly is not pulling more power than my old PC.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Are the printer/scanner plugged into the "battery backup" side of the UPS or to the "surge protection only" side?

I have a 2010 Mac mini connected to an APC UPS plus a backup drive, and it has no problems. I also have scanner and printer plugged into the UPS, but on the "surge only" side.

Jayrcee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
USA
The printer and scanner are plugged into the backup outlets and the mini is on the master outlet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.