Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

talu93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Hey guys..

I have been looking through the forum but I couldn't find an answer.
I have a 2010 11'' Macbook Air.

Since today morning I am not able to type on my keyboard anymore and also when I click on the trackpad, it always uses the second click for some reason.
I tried many things, but no success. Before I could still click on 'Guest' when I was about to log in and for some reason it would bring me to my usual account without even entering my password.

However after some stupid settings changing, I can now only type in the username and password and I am stuck here now, as I can't type on the MBA..

I really need to use my laptop again and I would very much appreciate your help in this one..

Thanks guys!!

talu93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
I tried that.. doesn't work. When I press the alt key, it writes numbers and punctuations but no letters. Thanks for the reply.

talu93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
no chance.. Literally hammered it. Just took the key off and there is nothing.. :confused:

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Sounds like you need a new keyboard.

Did you spill anything recently? Is it still under warranty?

If the answers are no and yes, respectively, take it in for a repair or give Apple a call.

talu93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
unfortunately the answer is no and no.. :eek:
Well I guess I will have to pay the repair! Thank you anyway guys..!

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.