Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hassoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
i wanna update but i'm afraid that it requires me to download anything from the internet during the installing process and the internet at my place isn't reliable right now due to the weather. So, if you updated... does it require me to download anything additional form the internet during the installation process? how many Mb? Thank you.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
i wanna update but i'm afraid that it requires me to download anything from the internet during the installing process and the internet at my place isn't reliable right now due to the weather. So, if you updated... does it require me to download anything additional form the internet during the installation process? how many Mb? Thank you.

Then wait for the weather to clear. I ran the update last evening on my MacBook Air, took about 5 minutes total and went without any problems. BTW it was overcast but not rainy when I did.

hassoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Then wait for the weather to clear. I ran the update last evening on my MacBook Air, took about 5 minutes total and went without any problems. BTW it was overcast but not rainy when I did.
i downloaded the update but i'm afraid to install it/ restart my mac. so does it actually download anything during the installation process ?

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
I doubt it would download anything during the firmware upgrade. The firmware is applied during a reboot and doesn't even have access to network resources at that point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.