PDA

View Full Version : Tweetbot for iPad

sk1wbw
Feb 8, 2012, 02:38 PM
No thread yet? Wow. Get it, it's great!

Alaerian
Feb 8, 2012, 02:39 PM
The new updates for the iPhone version are nice. I'm looking forward to seeing it on my iPad when I get home.

dmrowley
Feb 10, 2012, 06:53 PM
By far the best iOS twitter apps out there. I bought the iPhone app about 2 months ago, and deleted all my other twitter apps. Immediately bought it for the iPad when it came out. Now if they'd just write a Mac OS version, I'd be one very happy Apple guy...

Moyank24
Feb 10, 2012, 06:56 PM
By far the best iOS twitter apps out there. I bought the iPhone app about 2 months ago, and deleted all my other twitter apps. Immediately bought it for the iPad when it came out. Now if they'd just write a Mac OS version, I'd be one very happy Apple guy...

According to their Twitter account - it's something they're working on - so fingers crossed. :D

alflavor
Feb 11, 2012, 04:23 AM
Without a doubt the best twitter apps around, yeah I agree we just need a mac version, and official twitter apps will be completely gone from my devices too!

SpaceKitty
Feb 11, 2012, 01:41 PM
How would I display the public timeline on this app? I can't seem to find a way. Thanks

ghall
Feb 11, 2012, 07:19 PM
I've been using the official Twitter app, and as soon as Tweetbot was released for iPad I grabbed it. I'm really loving it. Now we just need a Mac version. :)

HengenJL
Feb 11, 2012, 08:59 PM
I've got to say that Tweetbot has replaced the default Twitter app on my iPad. Really slick interface, definitely worth the $3.

h00ligan
Feb 12, 2012, 08:58 AM
Why is it better?

nburwell
Feb 13, 2012, 02:54 PM
I've been using the official Twitter app, and as soon as Tweetbot was released for iPad I grabbed it. I'm really loving it. Now we just need a Mac version. :)

Same here. There was nothing wrong with the Twitter for iPad app. However, I've had Tweetbot on my iPhone since it was originally released in April. Prior to that, I probably tried out every Twitter app that's available in the App Store.

Needless to say, I purchased the iPad app as soon as I got home from work that day to replace my Twitter for iPad app.

Tweetbot is hands down the best Twitter app by a long stretch (at least in my opinion).

Aidoneus
Feb 13, 2012, 03:02 PM
Why is it better?

GUI presentation is really nice, with simple implementation of power-user features (Hashtag muting etc). Additionally, both iPhone and iPad apps support TweetMarker for syncing Timelines between devices, a Godsend for me.

A Mac version with a slightly expanded feature-set would be worth $15-20 for me.

AceCoolie
Apr 5, 2012, 05:09 PM
Are any of you guys having problems with Streaming on TweetBot? I've got it enabled, and I tap the status bar to scroll the timeline to the top, and the new tweets will automatically appear...for a while. Then, at random intervals, it will stop pushing the new tweets and instead I'll just see a message that there are x number of new tweets.

Any ideas?

Also, what does the Pin to Top do in the streaming options? I can't find any description of what is to be pinned, and can see any difference when it's on or off. Tweetbot had such great reviews but I've had trouble with it :(.

David Menzel
Apr 6, 2012, 11:05 AM
Are any of you guys having problems with Streaming on TweetBot? I've got it enabled, and I tap the status bar to scroll the timeline to the top, and the new tweets will automatically appear...for a while. Then, at random intervals, it will stop pushing the new tweets and instead I'll just see a message that there are x number of new tweets.

Any ideas?

Also, what does the Pin to Top do in the streaming options? I can't find any description of what is to be pinned, and can see any difference when it's on or off. Tweetbot had such great reviews but I've had trouble with it :(.

I have exact the same problem and same question?