PDA

View Full Version : UIScrollView not scrolling

larswik
Feb 8, 2012, 06:00 PM
I have a couple images that I am adding to a UIScrollView that are 320w * 180h, some nice letter boxed photos. The photos get added and everything looks good but it won't scroll.

in my viewDidLoad I have this code

[self.view addSubview:[self scrollViewPhotos]];

To test this so far I added a couple of images to an NSMutableArray. I can see that it returns the images and I can offset the images horizontally to see that they are both there. For some reason it won't scroll.

-(UIScrollView *)scrollViewPhotos{
int numOfImages, imageYsize;

numOfImages = 2;
imageYsize = 320;

NSMutableArray *imagesArray = [[NSMutableArray alloc] init];
UIImage *image1= [UIImage imageNamed:@"food_one_small.jpg"];
UIImage *image2= [UIImage imageNamed:@"food_two_small.jpg"];
[imagesArray addObject:image1];
[imagesArray addObject:image2];

UIScrollView *clientPhotos = [[UIScrollView alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(0, 200, 640, 180)];
clientPhotos.pagingEnabled = YES;

for (int i = 0; i < numOfImages; i++) {
CGFloat imageStartPoint = imageYsize * i;

UIImageView *itemToAdd = [[UIImageView alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(imageStartPoint, 0, 320, 180)];
itemToAdd.image = [imagesArray objectAtIndex:i];

[clientPhotos addSubview: itemToAdd];
}

return clientPhotos;
}

ArtOfWarfare
Feb 8, 2012, 06:23 PM
Did you set contentSize?

jnoxx
Feb 9, 2012, 02:31 AM
You need to set the contentSize of the UIScrollview to a bigger size then your picture, so it will zoom/scroll.

larswik
Feb 9, 2012, 06:20 AM
I see, that has not been set then but I have a question about that. I am guessing that they contentSize would be the size of the photo that I am importing then?

If that is the case that size needs to be a variable. My images are 320 x 180 and I might have any where from 1 to 5 photos so it could be up to 1600 X 180. I am not sure where I set the contentSize. You can see the photo that I included that I am wanting to have the image in a frame and they they user swipes it to the next photo.

I need to find out where I my method I set up the content size.

Thanks!

larswik
Feb 9, 2012, 06:33 AM
Got it! I I found my 2 mistakes. After posting I thought it through and got it.

First I added the and it did not work.
clientPhotos.contentSize = CGSizeMake(640, 180);

Then I thought I also made my UIScrollView the same size as my content. I made the width of the scrollView only the size of the screen with 320 instead of 640.

It works perfect now!

Thanks for the push in the right direction!