PDA

View Full Version : How to exit mac os x utilities mode?

JonnyWhy
Feb 10, 2012, 07:03 PM
My friend did something stupid while I wasn't there and somehow enetered my mac os x utilities mode. Now I can't use my computer like normal, the only choices i have is to erase and reinstall, disk repair etc, and restart from another disk. When i choose to restart from mac os x, it just brings me back to utilities! How can i fix this? Thanks

benthewraith
Feb 10, 2012, 07:58 PM
My friend did something stupid while I wasn't there and somehow enetered my mac os x utilities mode. Now I can't use my computer like normal, the only choices i have is to erase and reinstall, disk repair etc, and restart from another disk. When i choose to restart from mac os x, it just brings me back to utilities! How can i fix this? Thanks

Hold down option during boot before the apple icon appears. Preferably right around the time the gray screen appears.

JonnyWhy
Feb 10, 2012, 08:06 PM
Hold down option during boot before the apple icon appears. Preferably right around the time the gray screen appears.

i did and i choose my normal startup disk, and it just keeps opening recovery... D:

benthewraith
Feb 10, 2012, 08:36 PM
i did and i choose my normal startup disk, and it just keeps opening recovery... D:

Can you verify the OS partition is still there through the Disk Utility in recovery? If so, did you run Verify Disk to make sure the hard drive didn't die? What exactly did your friend do on your computer? Surely he must have told you something.