Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
What's the best tweak to remove the battery on the lock screen? So irritating. Why would you need it? It blocks your wallpaper and there's already a battery indicator on the status bar.

I'm surprised Springtomize doesn't have this option.

jm821

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2011
I use "NO LSB" (No Lock Screen Battery)

Removes the Lock Screen Battery so you can see your wall paper from the lockscreen while charging. Charging battery in the top right corner still remains.

I think this is what you might be looking for. No conflicts, just removes that annoying huge battery from lockscreen.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
What's the best tweak to remove the battery on the lock screen? So irritating. Why would you need it? It blocks your wallpaper and there's already a battery indicator on the status bar.

I'm surprised Springtomize doesn't have this option.

So you want to only remove it on the lock screen? Springtomize 2 has an option to remove it but not specifically for the lock screen.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I use "NO LSB" (No Lock Screen Battery)

Removes the Lock Screen Battery so you can see your wall paper from the lockscreen while charging. Charging battery in the top right corner still remains.

I think this is what you might be looking for. No conflicts, just removes that annoying huge battery from lockscreen.

Thank you for this. Was tired of seeing that charging battery on lockscreen while charging

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Thank you for this. Was tired of seeing that charging battery on lockscreen while charging

Amen. My WB-based lockscreens used to take care of this, but something in 5.0.1 killed my favorite, so I'm down to a stripped down version of the normal LS without WB. Nice to get this ugly battery gone, thanks!

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004

I saw this last night. Its not allowed on 5.0.1. Hasn't been approved yet or something. You using it on 5.0.1?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.