PDA

View Full Version : Why 32-bit mode is suggested for accessing macrumors?

hajime
Feb 12, 2012, 04:08 AM
Hello. I upgraded Firefox to 10.0.1. I noticed that whenever I browse www.macrumors.com, at the top it is suggested that I switch to 32-bit mode. Anybody knows why? I don't recall getting such request accessing this site before. Thanks.

SandboxGeneral
Feb 12, 2012, 05:57 AM
Hello. I upgraded Firefox to 10.0.1. I noticed that whenever I browse www.macrumors.com, at the top it is suggested that I switch to 32-bit mode. Anybody knows why? I don't recall getting such request accessing this site before. Thanks.

Can you post a screen shot? I don't see anything like what you describe in Firefox 10.0.1 on my computer.

hajime
Feb 12, 2012, 07:07 PM
Can you post a screen shot? I don't see anything like what you describe in Firefox 10.0.1 on my computer.

Thanks SandboxGeneral. That problem is gone. It was there whenever I accessed the site after the update.

SandboxGeneral
Feb 12, 2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks SandboxGeneral. That problem is gone. It was there whenever I accessed the site after the update.

If it happens again, grab a screenshot and post it. I'm curious to see and understand why you got that.

hajime
Feb 13, 2012, 07:15 PM
If it happens again, grab a screenshot and post it. I'm curious to see and understand why you got that.

OK. Thanks.

Intell
Feb 13, 2012, 07:20 PM
My guess as to why it appeared is that the page was trying to use a 32-bit plugin and FireFox was telling you to use 32-bit mode to use the plugin. The plugin in question could be Adobe Flash.