Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Tried them all, for iPad and iPhone...No amount of care results in anything other than bubbles...Packs of them just gathering dust....It's not just me being inept, friends have tried to do it with the same result.

I went back to the good old anti-static cloth after each use...Works for me.

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
The screen gets too nasty with screen protectors. I don't use one. Have a couple of scratches, but when the iPad is on, you can't see them.

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
bestskinsever has never failed me. a bit of a pain to put on a screen the size of an iPad and it's a water-based application. but once on, never forms any bubbles.

although my last iPad 2 before I sold it had no screen protector and it was so much better to use without one. debating if i'm going to put on one for the iPad 3.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
i have one because i have kids. i use invisishield. when the iPad is off, you can see some orange peel, but it is unoticible when it is on. it picks up smudges, but it protects againsts scratches. ours had a very large scratch on the film, but was replaced under warranty for only labor ($10). this is well worth is to me.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Power support , is there any other?
SGP, countless others.

Tried them all, for iPad and iPhone...No amount of care results in anything other than bubbles...Packs of them just gathering dust....It's not just me being inept, friends have tried to do it with the same result.
It's not just you it's you and your friends. No bubbles here. If you have bubbles, yer doin it wrong.

The screen gets too nasty with screen protectors.
although my last iPad 2 before I sold it had no screen protector and it was so much better to use without one.
Sounds like you were using the wrong screen protectors.

TexasChemE

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
I wouldn't use my iPad. I am using the one that Otterbox provides with its commuter case for the original iPad.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Power Support anti-glare and I won't use anything else. It's perfect for my needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.