PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations You won! This is not a joke ad removal

hipnotizer
Feb 13, 2012, 01:46 PM
Hello all,

I have been getting this ad which says "congratulations you won!" with it saying this is not a joke, it has a stupid yellow smiley face and is showing up on many different sites.

I don't think this is normal as many sites would never agree to this ad.

I have tried to clear and reset safari, delete and reinstall flash but it is still showing up.

any suggestions on how to remove this evil thing?

GGJstudios
Feb 13, 2012, 01:47 PM
Hello all,

I have been getting this ad which says "congratulations you won!" with it saying this is not a joke, it has a stupid yellow smiley face and is showing up on many different sites.

I don't think this is normal as many sites would never agree to this ad.

I have tried to clear and reset safari, delete and reinstall flash but it is still showing up.

any suggestions on how to remove this evil thing?
Are you using any ad-blockers? Also, check your DNS settings by reading: Why am I being redirected to other sites? (http://guides.macrumors.com/Mac_Virus/Malware_FAQ#Why_am_I_being_redirected_to_other_sites.3F)
Have you installed any apps recently? If so, were any from torrent sites?

hipnotizer
Feb 13, 2012, 03:32 PM
I have not installed any programs or apps recently. It just started happening. I checked my dns and it is the dns of my internet provider. Nothing unusual.

GGJstudios
Feb 13, 2012, 03:45 PM
I have not installed any programs or apps recently. It just started happening. I checked my dns and it is the dns of my internet provider. Nothing unusual.
What about ad-blockers? What DNS servers are you using, both on your mac and in your router? Have you reset your router? Are you certain you've completely cleared Safari's cache and cookies?

hipnotizer
Feb 13, 2012, 10:17 PM
I just changed my DNS to google and reinstalled flash after restarting. So far so good! Thanks.