PDA

View Full Version : Monthly financial report for iOS developer

hungnt223
Feb 13, 2012, 11:20 PM
hello every body!

I often got Apple's monthly financial report in middle of month(usually from 10th to 13th).
My friend get monthly financial report for the January of 2012 a week about(about in 9th), but now I still got nothing.
This make me a little bit worry, is this usual? and how about your monthly report?
sorry about my bad English.
thanks you!

xStep
Feb 15, 2012, 03:15 AM
Being new to the App Store, I've only got one set of reports. They were for December and arrived from January 13th through January 17th. I received six reports for six countries. I have not yet received any for January sales. I suspect the report dates are flexible so am not worried about it yet. I'm more curious about their accuracy.

firewood
Feb 15, 2012, 12:30 PM
Apple's January is different from your calendar's January. In addition, they have up to 45 days from the close of their funny month till they have to report.

ArtOfWarfare
Feb 15, 2012, 02:04 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Apple's "funny" January ended January 28th. They have until 45 days after that - March 13th - to pay you for everything sold in their "funny January" (December 25th - January 28th.)

Check online for Apple's iTunes Connect Fiscal Accounting calendar to find which days are covered by each of Apple's "funny" months (they call them payment periods.)

firewood
Feb 15, 2012, 02:42 PM
Are you sure that January didn't really end until February 4th? (Apple's "funny" January for 2012 that is...) That's the problem with two 35 day long "months" in a row

ArtOfWarfare
Feb 15, 2012, 02:57 PM
Are you sure that January didn't really end until February 4th? (Apple's "funny" January for 2012 that is...) That's the problem with two 35 day long "months" in a row

I was under the impression "December" was 4 weeks and "January" was 5.

Edit: Okay, never mind, I had been using Google to find the fiscal calendar and was looking at the one for 2011. I just found where you can find the up to date copy of the calendar (go to iTunes Connect -> Payments and Financial Records -> Fiscal Calendar (on the bottom left of the page).

Firewood is correct, "December" was 5 weeks and so was "January". January was from January 1st until February 4th. Apple has until March 20th to pay you. They'll probably tell you how much they owe you within a week or two.